Fidelity Investments: Senior WebFOCUS / BI Consultant
Dec 9, 2019 - Present
Summary: Assist IT Team and Business Intelligence Users in completing tasks, from requirement concept to final implementation. This includes team representation, project estimation, design development, mentoring, standards development, troubleshooting, and support for production applications.
Project Team Engagement
• Represent the team in Project meetings.
• Provide estimates for proposed new work.
• Work closely with project teams and other WebFOCUS developers to design and develop reporting solutions that best satisfy
• Educate project team members on the capabilities/features of the WebFOCUS reporting application.
• Effectively communicate information and issues to all key technology and business partners.
• Develop standards and best practices for WebFOCUS report development and code reviews.
• Highly self-motivated, results-oriented, with an ability to work in a fast-paced and geographically distributed project team.
• Participate in production support and troubleshooting activities for production reporting applications.
KGPCo at CenturyLink: Senior WebFOCUS / BI Consultant
Oct 2017 - July 2019: Two-month contract, extended to Twenty-Two Months
Summary: My responsibilities included assisting the Information Technology Team and Business Intelligence Users in completing tasks, including the creation of reports, charts, and portals for various client projects as requested by the client.
• Mentored IT personnel and Business Developers in all aspects of WebFOCUS functionalities including InfoAssist, App Studio,
Content and Portal creation, and more.
• Created, and supported business users with, advanced charts and with drill-downs.
• Created and supported the BI Initiative with several new portals and many new charts and reports.
• Worked as part of the IT Team on Security and ETL / DataMigrator processes.
DST Systems/Argus Health: Senior WebFOCUS Consultant
June - July 2017: Two-month contract
Summary: My responsibilities included bringing the internal stakeholders up to speed with the innovative technologies and knowledge base by developing and presenting standardization documentation, technical documentation, reports, charts, training sessions, and one-on-one mentoring.
• Ensured the successful completion of the Cognos to WebFOCUS conversion within the required time frame.
• Worked with the business users and management to determine the SOW, estimates, requirements and project deliverables.
• Analyzed specifications and Cognos applications, develop and test results.
• Created documentation for maintenance and support.
• Developed standards and best practices documentation
• Created presentations for Lunch-N-Learn sessions to WebFOCUS Developers and business users.
Dollar General Corporation: Senior WebFOCUS / Applications Developer
Jan 2011-July 2017
Summary: My responsibilities included tasks from the MIS and other IT Applications Departments.
This includes, but not limited to the following: application development for IT and other departments, requirements acquisition, documentation (SOX/SDLC), QA and user test and acceptance, maintenance and support, and mentoring junior level programmers.
• Developed and maintained SDLC documentation for all facets of design, development, and testing.
• Partnered with senior management and business users to deliver numerous complex applications.
• Engineered advanced level reports and charts with extensive UX parameter pages, reporting, and drill-down capabilities.
• Increased productivity by more than 50% by mentoring junior-level developers in the use of the WebFOCUS tools for application
analysis and development.
• Reduced project completion time by as much as 75% by constructing reporting templates and standards.
• Transformed 200+ reports from BIRT and C++ to WebFOCUS 82 as the technical lead.
• Decreased processing time by at least 80% for the weekly and monthly reporting cycles by converting major applications from
Oracle Reports to WebFOCUS. The reporting cycles generate and distribute 18K store and organizational level reports in
approximately 20 minutes.
in MIS Equivalent
Various Institutions: CIS Courses and Experience
• I've attended several college and trade courses with a minimum of an A+.
• My extensive experience is equivalent to a BS in MIS.
• Please contact me for details.
IBI Summit: Attended Nine Annual Conferences
Summit provides the best of everything needed to ensure the success of consultants, like myself, and the clients that we serve.
I have attended Summit nine times, thus far, and will continue even if I need to pay my own way. I have been with companies who found the value such that they paid my way.
This was a great training experience, of which I paid my fair share to attend. This was a two-week training seminar on what I called "Everything you need to know about WebFOCUS" with an extensive prerequisite which included the creation of an entire application. The final exam consisted of the creation of another, extensive, application.
I graduated 'Top of the Class' and helped others to succeed.
WebFOCUS Top Gun Training
This was a series of training sessions that taught all the points of FOCUS, the Core Language/precursor to WebFOCUS.
I attended these sessions while creating the Information Resource Management System (IRMS) for the Defense Contract Audit Agency (DCAA) and Grumman Aerospace / Data Systems. I was the sole creator of IRMS.
Business Intelligence Solutions
WebFOCUS Tool Set
BI Applications Development
Microsoft Office, Visio, more
Business Intelligence (BI)
I've been providing successful BI Solutions to several major companies in a variety of industries during the past 20+ years.
I continue to serve the industries in need of world-class BI Solution to this day.
I was introduced to and started using FOCUS, the core language of WebFOCUS, in 1983. It was there that I was the sole creator of an application for the Defense Contract Audit Agency (DCAA). I presented this application, live, to all associated parties, under budget and over a year before the required completion date.
Computer Information Systems
I've done most aspects of CIS, such as: building/refurbishing computers, installing personal and mainframe computers, mentoring personnel on everything from basic usage to applications development.